Harney County Cattlewomen Scholarship
Due April 11, 2020
Student Eligibility DUE:
- Applicant must be a resident of Harney County.
- Applicant can demonstrate a passion for agriculture.
- Applicant, or parent of applicant, must be a paid member of the Harney County Cattlewomen. Student Dues- $10/year Adult Dues- $20/year
- Applicant can be a high school senior, college student, or an adult student.
- Previous year’s recipients can re-apply.
- All students must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Unofficial transcripts must be submitted with the application.
- Recipient must be enrolled in a 4-year, 2-year, or vocational school.
- Recipient or a representative from their family is required to help serve at the Cattlewomen’s Breakfast on Saturday morning of the Harney County Fair in order to receive scholarship money. This is a great way to recognize each recipient!
- Scholarships of up to $1,000 (contingent upon funds available) will be awarded in three categories, provided eligibility requirements are met and depending on the quality of the applications received. The three categories are: four year, two year or vocational, and returning student.
- The scholarship will be paid in August to the institution the student is enrolled in. The Committee will confirm enrollment with the recipient by collecting the Student ID for dispersal of funds.
- If the recipient does not meet the above requirements, an alternate may receive the scholarship.
- Contact Lisa Grant, HCCW Scholarship Committee Chair, for further information at (541)495-1915.
- Mail application and necessary attachments to:
Harney County Cattlewomen’s Scholarship Committee
PO BOX 371
Burns, OR 97720