Oregon Association of Broadcasters Scholarship
Each year, the OAB awards scholarships that are offered to graduating high school students and to students enrolled in two or four year college broadcast programs. Applicants must be Oregon residents, enrolled or intending to enroll at a college or university.
Applications must include an essay explaining the student’s reasons for choosing a career in the broadcasting or related field. All successful scholarship applicants will have a minimum GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale. The essay should also address the following topics:
- Any broadcast activities in which the student has participated;
- What the student's first job preference after college would be;
- What are the student's 10-year goals;
- Student's financial needs for a scholarship;
- Information about any other scholarships received by the student, including the amounts;
- Any other academic honors the student has received.
Deadline: May 29, 2020