Scholarship Program Information (Updated: June 2019)
Application Status: Open – Currently Accepting Applications
Each year EAA Chapter 105 awards a number of youth flight training scholarships, which are intended to assist young people in the Oregon/Southwest Washington area in their pursuit of learning to fly and advancing their aviation skills. The number of available scholarships varies from year to year. Applicants may submit their applications at any time, and the selection committee periodically considers applications as appropriate, given the available funds and program status. That said, while scholarships may be applied for at any time, the selection process may also include periodic announcements soliciting applications with a specific time window and with a defined deadline for applications, in order to be considered for a consolidated selection “drive.” In other words, applicants are encouraged to apply at any time, but should also stay aware of the scholarship program’s selection efforts and any scheduled activities throughout the year. This web page is the definitive source of program information.
The scholarships, which are administered by EAA Chapter 105 in Hillsboro, Oregon and co-funded by the Chapter, private donors and the Bogardus Trust, are highly sought-after and we consistently have more applicants than available scholarships. A set of formal eligibility criteria determine who may apply and a selection team determines to whom scholarships are awarded.
- To be eligible to apply for a powered aircraft flight training scholarship, the applicant must be between the ages of 15 and 24 years old at the time of application.
- To be eligible to apply for a non-powered (glider/sailplane) aircraft flight training scholarship, the applicant must be between the ages of 13 and 24 years at the time of application.
- Both first-time applicants and prior scholarship recipients are eligible to apply.
- This is a local-area slight scholarship program, serving youth in Oregon and southwest Washington.
- Applicants who are selected for an interview as part of the process will be required to interview in-person in Hillsboro, Oregon.
- Recipients of scholarships from this program will be expected to participate and interact with the local aviation community via EAA Chapter 105 events and activities.